Built in 1936, Sewell’s Orchard is the central of a group of three houses designed by the architect Mary Medd (nee Crowley, 1907-2005). It is a large, detached house surrounded by views over open countryside that sits on a plot of approximately half an acre. Mary Crowley originally designed the house for her parents. The house was Grade II listed in 1982. JPA were brought in to make significant but sensitive changes - mainly to the living accommodation at ground floor, and also to restore original features externally.